View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: What Tiffany Willaimson did right

How she accumulated chips I am not sure. I know she won a big pot with AA over KK. My theory is that early on many viewed her as weak tight because she was a rookie woman. They mislabeled her as she really was a calling station which are very dangerous if they hit cards. I know Juanda bluffed off alot of chips to here on an outer table.

By the featured table Pro's had recognized that she was in push/fold mode preflop and was a bit of a calling station and thus any time she would enter a hand and they had a premium holding they would then overbet all in with because they knew she had problem folding any hand with an A or K in it and would get into the the pot as a huge dog. She wasn't getting pot odds, believe me.

Remember that part of her rationale for calling with KJ is that she had double up with it earlier on an all in call preflop. Which is complete rookie/favorite hand thinking.

The only thing she was doing right was attempting to play an all in/fold format later in the tourney because of her skill level. But I think that it can easily be argued that she didn't even know how to play that strategy correctly as she went all in as a dog with AQ, AJ, A7 and almost KJ, yet still lucked out and won 2/3. But at the very least by gambeling preflop she never got her money in drawing dead which many that got ousted from the WSOP did.