View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Quick $500 Foxoods report

I got busted somewhere around 650ish. Difficult blind structure to accumulate chips unless you’re getting cards. I was just staying afloat by stealing blinds once they hit 50/100. That’s what killed me though. . . a blind steal gone bad.
Blinds were 100/200, I had 1900, BB had 3000+. Play had seemed to tighten up quite a bit since the new blind level started.
I had Qd Th. Folded to me in the CO, I raise to 500. Folds to BB who calls. Flop comes Jh 8h 5c. BB checks, I thought it looked like a relatively safe flop to fire at. . . I bet 700 into the 1100 pot. BB check raises me all-in. At this point I have only 700 chips left. I went into the tank for a bit. . . I figured BB could play AJ or KJ like this, and my Q MIGHT be a clean out, and my gutshot was 4 outs. So I was getting 4.5:1 on the call and I felt like I had 7 outs. Plus I didn’t think I could do anything with 700 chips left, so I called & BB flipped over QQ. . . so much for my Q as an out. Neither turn or river brought the 9 I needed & I was out.

I checked the website today & there are 20 ppl left. . . any 2+2’rs?