Thread: 83s
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: More shoddy work

[ QUOTE ]
I used to defend any suited after i come to the need of this after made calculations above.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Peter,

I defended with any two suited regardless of the number of players in the pot and the position of the raiser for my last 150K hands of 5/10 (even heads up). My results indicate that even the very worst "families" of hands perform no worse than the -.50BB that we lose by folding, and all the rest perform better. The group about which I am uncertain are those that yielded almost exactly the same -.50BB that I would have lost by folding them. This group includes all suited hands that contain a 2, 3, or 4 except for A2s, A3s, and A4s. They have collectively lost -.51BB. I am curious whether these are the hands that you expect to be the weakest performers.

Since I certainly don't consider myself an expert at postflop play from the blinds, I am continuing to play these "toss up" hands because I hope that as I continue to improve in this area that the results for these hands will climb into profitable territory as well.

I have a few questions for you:

1) Did you also defend with any two suited when there was no one else in the pot besides the raiser (it will be heads up) and what is your opinion on defending with them heads up?

2) As I progress to higher limits, the impact of the rake and the blind structure will become more favorable to looser defense standards, but the increased ability of my opponents will encourage tighter play. Which of these forces, if either, prevails over the other?

3) What is your current opinion about defending with these trashy suited hands as the limits move higher: 10/20, 15/30, 20/40, 30/60?

Thanks,
Cartman