View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: So I\'m thinking of moving to Vegas... help? (some kinda-tax stuff)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well lets see, I bought a $140,000 house exactly 5 years ago at 6% Fixed interest rate. The house is worth roughly the exact same today as it was 5 years ago....

[/ QUOTE ]

Sample Size

PS. I bought a new home in Florida 2.5 years ago for $170K. The nearly identical one next door to me sold for $255K 9 months ago. Also a couple we know, is now looking to buy a home and they have said that anything similar to our home, priced around $300K, has not been staying on the market for more than a month. (they have been looking for a while now)

I believe some of this is due to the hurricanes of this and last year bringing up the cost of construction in Florida and that Florida was probably undervalued previously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't actually think you are right about your home in Michigan, but you may be. The last five years have been extreemly (damn, I always put in that extra e...) good to home owners. There have been very few places that have seen no movement or declines in RE. Now something else to consider: LV has seen the highest, or nearly so, appreciation in property values in the nation. Some of these places may actually see a bit of a bubble burst.

I am still bullish in Portland OR as our city has not had the same insane increases that the rest of this coast has seen. I'm buying another this spring.

psw