View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Re: When will rakeback be gone?

[ QUOTE ]
Daz,

KK was clearly talking about rakeback from the Poker Rooms perspective.

With Betfair's purchase of Pokerchamps, it will be interesting to see what they do with the pokerchamps rakeback model.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I was talking about the Poker Rooms perspective. I've already got 2 degrees and a Masters, so no economics class will be needed.

Some of the key words use by people in this thread were "chasing a better deal" and "undercutting". Sites that allow rakeback can only keep there players until they are offered a better rakeback deal. Then they leave, "chasing the next deal".

Also, poker rooms are trusting affiliates they don't know from a hole in the ground to keep their players happy. Are you telling me that makes sense? Some affiliate you have screws a 100k a year player and you lose the guy.

Poker rooms (good ones) just want affiliates to bring them players, that's it. None of this rakeback [censored] to keep players happy. The rooms get the players and they will be responsible for keeping them happy, not the affiliate.

Party, Stars, etc are trying to change the industry so no one offers rakeback. That won't happen because the terds will always have to offer it to get business. Who the hells going to go play at a site with 3k players if they don't offer rakeback? No too many good players.

I don't mind the occasional "comp" to players that is allowed by most poker rooms. If you have a really good player that brings in a lot of money, send him an ipod or something, no big deal. But the rake is the rake. The player doesn't have a "right" to some of it back.

If you don't like that, don't play the sites that won't allow it, it's as simple as that. I seriously doubt Stars or Party will miss a beat.