View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Live $100max 2/3 hand. Am I a maniac??

I don't get it. Isn't the rule that to draw to a gutshot straight, you need to be drawing to the nut straight, which you aren't and be drawing on a rainbow board so you don't get redrawn or suckered in when a flush card comes that completes your straight?

You made a bluff raise pre-flop with a terrible hand and got called in two places. Then the flop comes highly coordinated with multiple draws and possibilities of hands. Someone bets out, and you start chasing 4, probably 3 outs? If this is some elaborate bluff you're setting up, good luck getting both players to lay down their hands on this coordinated board. But really it comes down to this....you are getting good odds, but not nearly the 11-1 to peel off a turn card to hit your gutshot straight draw. Since, when you make your straight, the board will be 1 off the straight, so no one is going to be paying off any big bets, so I think this cuts down on your implied odds a lot. Plus, the few times you hit your straight you might chop or be freerolled by a hand like A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Overall, not a very profitable situation. I'd just fold preflop, and definetly fold the flop.

..This hand is pretty fishy....call on the flop with only 4 outs at most, then when you hit your hand you just stick your stack in....very similar how I'd expect a beginner to play this hand, and I'm sure you're not one