View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 07:10 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default well...How I read it...Results (slight correction flop: A T 8)

I haven't played a hand like this in a long time. Which is why it stuck in my mind.

[ QUOTE ]
My psychic powers tell me that you will say that you were waiting until the turn to raise so that if it's a blank you can face someone with JT or somesuch with two big bets cold and better protect your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I was thinking of waiting to the turn, but not necesarily for that reason. There weren't many strong draws on the flop I was really worried about in that regard.

The flop bet into me kind of caught me. I was fully ready to bet the flop until then. The flop obviously hit the guy and he knew I'd be likely to raise. He knows he's betting into a tight player that just capped it preflop. I was more inclined to just see how the button played if I just called. The only guy I could see that would be drawing was the dork. But to god knows what. The only thing I can really protect against here is a pair drawing to the set.

Normally I do raise this for the very reason you state as far as an underpair getting odds. That's my only real concern on the flop that I can protect against. Not to mention the passives that will just call anything. However the way the button put in his bets preflop it just didn't seem like QQ or JJ or AQ, not to mention KK has only 1 out against me. There would've been a little more delay on his putting chips in(I thought of that as I was pondering raising or just calling the flop). So when he raised the flop behind me, and without much hesitation, I figured he had at least AK. When the guy on my right 3 bets, I figure at least 2 pair. There's just no real draw to jam here and he wasn't that active in most hands. So with some of my outs likely gone, and if I hit a 2 pair and it was actually good, I'd likely split it as I'm not getting the button to fold. So I folded. If they were less predictable of players I would've been much more inclined to jam it.

Preflop: If there weren't 2 other players already in, I would've likely just called the 3 bet preflop. I also don't think it's a big deal which way it's played there.

The result was button capped the flop after I folded. Turn went check, HJ bet, button and dork calling.

River The dork bets out(running flush showing) HJ ponders then rolls his eyes and folds, Button folds showing AK while dork shows his turned openended, rivered str8. However, I'm pretty sure he had 67o. So the flop was probably A T 8, turn the 5, river the 4. Sorry 'bout that.

One of the more interesting hands I've played in a long time.

b