View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Wrestling Angles that worked

Some of my favorites:

The bushwhacker brothers. My brother and I were probably 4 and 6 when we saw them, and they were IT to us. and we used to do the distinctive arm pump and even the forehead lick.

Sting. The dude was like the phantom of the opera. He was the mysterious guy always gliding down from the roof to kick someone's ass.

Brett "the hitman" Hart. My all time favorite.

Tatonka. Someone would put him in a submission hold and the ref would pick his arm up and it would fall. Pick it up again, fall. Third time, it would almost fall, then he would make a fist, and bust out of the hold doing an indian dance and proceed to kick the guy's ass. It was so sweet, you had to see it.

The old school Royle Rumbles. I would go to the corner video store with my dad and rent those and love every minute of them. It was so chaotic at first, then the drama would build and you would find yourself pulling for an underdog who would evade elimination many times to come back and win. Shawn Michaels was great at these.

Mankind vs. undertaker in the cage. One of the best ever. Undertaker choke-slammed Mankind off of the cage, he fell like 30+ feet onto a table. Then they take him off on a stretcher and he gets up and goes back in, all bloody, and for once I'm not sure it was fake.

Man I miss wrestling. About 4-5 years ago the combination of me getting older and the storyline getting worse made me lose interest completely. Maybe I'll watch a show or two just to see where it's at now. What night/time/network is it on?