View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Re: NL 400 6 max, AK sooooted

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was interesting to figure out what kind of FE I had for the average player.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you said he was a maniac! I thought you were valuepushing AKs. Why are you trying to make him fold? I thought this was routine/good becuase he'll get in worse then AK...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not sure if I'm just misinterpreting you or if you misread the OP, but to restate:

I raised, the average player reraised, the maniac reraised, and I pushed.

So, I had a hard time assigning the average player a hand range because the maniac affects his decisions (and you prolly know the reasons for that even better than me). For this reason, I felt that his hand range for re-raising might be a lot wider than just AA and KK. As for maniac, I agree that I think I could be in somewhat good shape if he called, but the key was getting "average player" to fold. I was hoping that my image would cause him to put me on AA...anyways I feel like i'm just restating what i said earlier in a simpler form and if you already read that, then it's a waste of your time.

I actually wanted maniac to fold as I felt there was a good chance that i was facing a coinflip situation.

If you already knew all this, and were just saying that it's obvious that "average player" will fold here, and maniac could have any 2, then sorry about that. I just felt that average player complicated everything a lot. (So, sort of implicitly I guess, I was wondering if folding p/f is a better option).