Thread: AKo hand
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Re: AK oddity

[ QUOTE ]
What was your goal in betting the flop? Were you trying to go with a b/c, b/3b line? b/c, c/r? b/3b, b? That's a more interesting question than just if you should bet the flop. If you c/r the flop and bet the turn, I think you're loosing bets from a PP that might call you down if you bet, and you might shutdown a weaker A too early. A c/c, c/r line is similar. I think that betting out is correct.

Man, that's a hideous river. My gut said bet/fold, but I'm not so sure. On the off chance he has AJs, he's almost certainly betting if checked to, given his aggressive slowplay. He's also certain to call with it. I don't think there are any hands he can have here that will call if you bet, but check behind if you call. I think one bet is going in on this street no matter what. Given that, I want to see a showdown rather than bet/folding. I like your play.

[/ QUOTE ]

good analysis of why we should be the flop. very nice. Also, against aggressive opponents sometimes I throw out a bet, c/r combo if I feel I'm becoming predictable.