View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Wrestling Angles that worked

Most of the good ones were hit... but here are a few from my childhood that might be considered cheesey but made me beg for my parents to rent a cable box just so I could see PPV.

Jake the Snake v. Ravishing Rick Rude/Rick Martel/Randy Savage
I loved all of these guys...the Cobra biting Savage, Rude with Jake's wife on the ass of his tights, Jake going blind at the hands of "Arrogance".

Undertaker
I was not a big WCW guy since I did not have cable growing up so the Undertaker was a big "whoa" to me since I had know idea who Mean Mark Callous was. Had a great fued with Hogan right off the bat which involved Ric Flair briefly. That only made me like Flair more when he slid the chair into the ring at Survivor Series for the Mega-Tombstone and the first of many deaths of Hulkamanaia. I remember counting the 3 of Undertaker winning on the floor of my TV room with my friend Cameron.

And speaking of Flair..

"The Real World Champion" Ric Flair in the WWF(E)
He had a belt that he stole from WCW! His angle and interviews were great as he went on to win the vacated WWF Championship (thanks to the screwy ending of the "This Tuesday in Texas" rematch between Hogan and UT) when he won the Royal Rumble dispite being the 3rd person to enter!

Nerding out,
tpir