View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: WSOP has become a joke.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it was all that talking the one guy with TT was doing as well. Bad poker eitquette isn't it? To discuss a hand like that when someone else is still yet to act?

I thought that hand was a litte testament to how good Matusow is though. Once the hand ended, Matusow said "Worst hand goes into the muck. You're not gonna pull that crap with me when I'm in the hand, buddy." Or something to that effect. He had the guy pegged, but the others were clueless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how I feel about Black talking during the hand. I'm not sure it's bad etiquette when (1) he was still in the hand himself and (2) he didn't give any information out about his hand. If he had said something like "I'm folding a big pocket pair," then yes it would be bad. If he wasn't in the hand, and was talking about what he had folded (for example), it would certainly be bad.

But I think it's OK to probe one of your opponents for a reaction, without giving out information about your hand, if you're still in the hand.

The purpose of the rule is to keep people who are not or will not be involved in a hand from influencing the outcome and I'm not sure I understand how Black's comments that he was "laying down the best hand" would infuence what's his name's decision to play top pair.