View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Re: Ideas/Strategies to get to the Final Table

[ QUOTE ]
Blinds 600/1200
Folded to me, 2 before the button.

I raise 3X BB with QJ suited, next player and button fold to the SB who raises to 6X. Everyone folds around to me, and I fold. The raise was basically 1/3rd of my stack, and I didn't think I had the best of it. Is this a calling situation? I was afraid of busting with this hand, or losing that many chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't fold to this. Even if SB has a big pair, you have a suited conenctor, position, and 4-1 pot odds to call.

What was your stack? I gather you had 18xBB at teh start of this hand. Is this correct?

Blinds 800/1600 with 75 ante, avg stack ~18,000
Folded around to me on the button, ~23,000 and have been making steals with 3-5X raises in position.

[ QUOTE ]
I raise to 4,800 with AKo, SB (6K) folds, BB (20K) reraises all in.

To me, this is an auto call, but might this be a leak? I call, flop comes K45 (rainbow) turn 5, river 6. I'm left with a little less than 3K and bust before the blinds hit. I'm just writing this one off to luck I suppose. I wish I had more hands available, but these are the only two I remember from that point in the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very easy call. I call this if I raise UTG with AK and 2nd position pushes. I would also call with practically any hand I raised with. If you fold AK, they will resteal every time.

You are playing too scared weak/tight. You are not going to win tournaments unless you are willing to play aggressively and gamble.