View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Ideas/Strategies to get to the Final Table

[ QUOTE ]

If you post some hands/situations we might get a feel for your leak assuming you have one (which is to say you have plenty of leaks, we all do, but I mean one in specific that is stopping you from making the FTs).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have the exact hand histories with me right now (I'm at work for another 40 minutes) but a few stick out in my mind:

I've played pretty tight until the final 30, doubling up when I had the best of it, then folding a lot. (decided to loosen up once in the money to try and steal some blinds...maybe this is a leak?)

One hand that's been bothering me:

Blinds 600/1200
Folded to me, 2 before the button.

I raise 3X BB with QJ suited, next player and button fold to the SB who raises to 6X. Everyone folds around to me, and I fold. The raise was basically 1/3rd of my stack, and I didn't think I had the best of it. Is this a calling situation? I was afraid of busting with this hand, or losing that many chips.

The one that basically busted me:

Blinds 800/1600 with 75 ante, avg stack ~18,000
Folded around to me on the button, ~23,000 and have been making steals with 3-5X raises in position.

I raise to 4,800 with AKo, SB (6K) folds, BB (20K) reraises all in.

To me, this is an auto call, but might this be a leak? I call, flop comes K45 (rainbow) turn 5, river 6. I'm left with a little less than 3K and bust before the blinds hit. I'm just writing this one off to luck I suppose. I wish I had more hands available, but these are the only two I remember from that point in the tournament.