View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Stud 8 - Missed draws and unimproved pairs

It's "deuce."

First hand, I would at least consider making it a full bet on third street. I think fourth street is fairly close. You're up against a paired door card, which makes your already-dubious high possibilities weaker. With three hearts and two Fives gone, yours is becoming more of a one-way hand, and you're looking at A5 and 53. On the plus side, the pot is pretty big, thanks in part to the ridiculous ante structure, and it is unlikely to be raised. I think taking one off here is OK, but folding can't be fare wrong.

Having caught your dream card on fifth, you have to bet when it's checked to you. You should check sixth, however. These guys aren't folding, and you don't have a hand yet. Too bad you couldn't hit anything on the river. Tough break.

On the second hand, especially given that this is a pretty loose bunch, I think that this is a fold. With a King gone and so many strong door cards out, I would probably fold this anyway. Having decided to play, I think you did well to bet on fourth. I'd fire again on fifth but check sixth. It is increasingly unlikely that you have the best hand, and it doesn't look like anyone is going away. Take the free card and hope you hit something. Having caught a low, I think the river is worth a value bet, although checking wouldn't be terrible.