View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: The REAL story on Pokershare/UB

Hi Dan,

[ QUOTE ]
The rakeback situation is questionable. It will be up to Pokershare to distribute the rakeback to its affiliates. It's possible that they will either go under or claim financial hardship, meaning that your rakeback may never arrive. However, you should keep the pressure on your affiliate to make sure he's telling you the truth, and isn't using this situation to pocket the rakeback and blame Pokershare.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is more or less what the announcement on my affiliate's site says, and I am shocked and appalled by that notion. My affiliate basically said, "you will get your money if we get ours". That wasn't the deal! The deal was, MY AFFILIATE will pay me x % of the rake I generate at Pokershare, in exchange for signing up through it. Whether they get paid this month is of no concern to me, at least as far as them paying me goes. In this business, I realize that the only accountability is market-driven (lost business), but that doesn't change the fact that it would be a gross ethical violation for my affiliate to refuse to pay my rakeback. Your statement above lends validity to their position, but that position has no merit, as far as I can see.