View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Ako 5way...A poll...

[ QUOTE ]
I mostly raise and sometimes call, but 8 people so far have said fold. people that say fold, shed light on your choice.

if I had to construct an argument for folding it would go something along the lines of a dude leading into 5 players one of whom raised PF can probably beat TPTK. but that's not a very good argument, so I want to hear one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'll be one of the few suckers to pipe up about why I voted fold, then you guys can berate me for being so weak :-)

Essentially my reasoning for fold begins with the fact that BB got a pretty good price to call preflop with a variety of holdings. He then leads out into field of 5 players, including the PFR with a smallish bet, potentially looking for a cheap card (draw) or a big hand looking to weak lead/3bet someone's draw/worse made hand.

From there, UTG, who doesn't even have a pot raise left in his stack, simply calls (??). I'm not sure what range he would do this with, but it seems like he's not too afraid of others coming in after him, especially the PFR who could easily raise the pot after him. I took this as a sign of strength. he's certainly not trying to isolate a weak bet from BB by just calling.

I felt the combination of these plays lead to TPTK being no goot in this spot.

I'm not really sure what everyone who says "raise" is putting BB and UTG on with their actions. It seems like the best case we're looking at is some sort of combo draw out of BB and mid PP from UTG? If UTG had a mid PP and he thought it was good, wouldn't he push? Or does everyone think they have worse kings, or both have draws? Do short stack UTG's call in EP with suited connectors?

Ok feel free to beat up my swiss cheese logic. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Edit: I didn't say anything about the players after Hero either, shouldn't they be considered? I think if the fold option was taken away from me, I would vote for calling and making a move on a safe turn where my equity is higher against the draw(s).

KoW