View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu says O8 is Barry Greenstein\'s worst game

Here's the hand in question from Barry's POV...

[ QUOTE ]
David Benyamine raised in first position. Negreanu called in second position, and Eli Elezra called on the button. Barry defended his big blind with J-J-7-3 badugi (meaning no flush draw). The flop came down Q-10-6 rainbow. Everyone checked to Eli who bet from the button. Barry decided to raise...

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I'm way out of my league critiquing the big game, but whatever. I don't think it's so bad. No one has showed any interest in this hand post-flop. The button's bet doensn't necessarily mean strength due to his position and the fact that no one else has bet. Barry might think a raise was worth the risk since it's a raised pot and no one other than the button has shown interest in the pot thus far. Barry has the JJ blockers, if it folds back around to the button then Barry has a decent chance of outplaying the button on the turn or river if a scare card folds. A lot of things have to go right for this to work so it's definitely a gamble and a risky play, perhaps -EV but I don't think it's terrible.