View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Stud 8 - Missed draws and unimproved pairs

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: I play it the same way, sometimes the cards just don't fall the way you want them to.

[/ QUOTE ]I think this is a bad idea, particularly considering how loose his table is. With a slew of low cards and an Ace still to act (AND a dead King) I muck this without a second thought.

His high hand is transforming into a threatening low hand. And despite betting it the whole way, no one's folding. With two opponents showing really ragged boards calling this down despite showing lots of strength, I'm going to need to show down the best hand either high or low and neither is really that good. Most of Hero's bets are good against thinking opponents but I think it's spewing against multiple opponents who'll see you at the river no matter what.

Here I think you check 6th. The pot's getting pretty big and no one's going to fold now. With Seat 2 pairing his Jacks, you could easily be behind two pair or better and Hero still hasn't even made his low yet. If he does, it'll be a dodgy 8-low.

I've lost plenty of money trying to get people to make 'proper' folds. I think you have to just slow down here. Then they can pay you off when you make a wheel on 5th later on.