View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Snakes on a Plane

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
make some judgment weights for the combos

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt see that so if youre doing it right then i apologize. i would like to see you do this however and im sure if you put ample thought into judgment weights for each combo it will take a long time for each problem but will certainly result into becoming a much more sophisticated player.

id also like to say that if youre trying to revolutionize the forum by having people do ev calculations the way youd like them to then these threads should be about arguing hand ranges and judgment weights on those hand ranges.

id like to see your hand ranges and judgment weights on those hand ranges for this hand so i can agree/disagree with you on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to do these a lot but I'm thinking it was probably when I was posting in SS and you in MHS. as I said earlier, the nice thing about excel is you can tweak the numbers to see the effect on EV. let's say it's someone's opinion that he only raises QJo 50% of the time preflop, while I think he raises it 100%. I can cut the combinations in half and see what the affect on EV is. I can also plot it on a graph and see how EV changes by the changes in combinations for each hand.

I agree with what you say about hand ranges being the most important thing. that's why in my first post I ended it with something like "what do you think his range of hands is." and baron responded that hand reading is so critical and I agree. but knowing how these hand ranges affect the EV is huge. one thing I've learned from doing this is how screwed you are in hands like this because there are 16 clean combinations of QJ. it's generally unreasonable to put someone specifically on a set, while straights on boards like this are extremely common given the action.

I'm about to go on a bus so I'll try to do it there. I might just PM or email it to interested people because I got banned again for a terrible reason and I'm pissed.

I'll be in vegas too btw