View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: 1/2 NL... only $100 buyin at AC

I did the same thing you are planning to do at the Borgata a few months ago. I planned to sit with $100 and another $100 buy-in ready, but this wasn't really a bankroll...it was discretionary spending money. I didn't have a real bankroll, as in money that is only used for poker, at the time.

From my day there I would say you can play pretty comfortably with $100, but keep in mind that there was no one at my table that seemed knowledgeable enough to push me around with a bigger stack, and there were a couple of big stacks when I sat down. My table in particular had a lot of calling stations, but your results will probably vary. I saw people sitting with any amount of money possible. $100 was actually fairly common. I think the buy-in range was $60-300, and I had been expecting the max buy-in to be $100 like at the 2/4 limit tables.

Most importantly, play very tight at first and get a good read on your opponents before you start playing more speculative hands. If you're like me, you play much more online than live, so take advantage of all of the information you don't normally get staring at a computer screen. Pay special attention to what they're doing with their cards before it's their turn to act...if they look like they can't wait to throw their hand away, they probably will.