View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: $55\'s... I don\'t see any good coming from this

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is something a lot of people fail to realize. We are just as capable out outplaying our opponents as they are of outplaying us, and in this case we have a good (but not great) hand and position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I only came back into this thread to see why it wasn't dead yet and I see respected posters defending the call.

The typical situation is flop xxx and a 2/3 to full pot bet by villain. How do you plan to "outplay" him now? Call again?

I call raises with AQ on early levels sometimes, but only when I'm pretty sure they don't represent a good hand (e.g. minraises), or if the raiser is in late position, or with a big positional advantage. This kind of large size raise in early position is right out, especially with a bunch of guys still to act behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Rags fall, you're behind to nearly everything. A Queen falls, you're behind to AA-QQ. An A falls, you're behind to AK. You really need AQ specifically on the flop to feel confident about playing this hand.

Although I guess you could "outplay" your opponent. Some dude made exactly this call against me last night -- my AK EP, his AQ MP. With AJT on the board, he pushes. I let it go and he proudly shows me his AQ. Don't know if he was a donk or an expert.