View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Can you ditch the ladies here?

It's very hard to protect your hand on this 15-SB flop. It looks like you checked intending to check-raise, and if it had been checked around to the MP3, who bet, then your raise would have faced 2 players with a tough call if they held overcards or something weird. But the guy on your left bet, so I'm thinking you should have abandoned your plan when he bet, and called to see the turn. On the turn, if the SB bets, you raise to clear the field, and if the SB checks, you bet out hoping to knock weak but deadly draws out.

Is it really that bad if it's checked around on the flop? You then bet out on the turn giving callers only 4-1 pot odds or so. Or raise if the SB bets, facing the field with even worse odds.

There's a good chance you are ahead on the flop, but it's probably a fragile lead. I don't know if I like just betting out each street and hoping to hold on.

Disclaimer: I'm no expert. I was just rereading the section in SSHE the other day on protecting your hand in a big pot (p. 163), which I'm trying to apply here. Maybe I'm misapplying it.