View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 01:05 PM

Default multitabling six-max question

I have a quick question for those of you who multitable six-max tables: do you still get genuine enjoyment out of playing, or has it become little more than a mechanical grind?

I ask because I've generally single-tabled six-max, for a few reasons: (1) I want to improve my reading skills; (2) my monitors aren't large enough to avoid significant overlap, even of just 2 tables; and (3) I assumed multitabling wouldn't be that much fun.

But I've also realized recently that single-tabling has its own set of frustrations. It simply takes forever to ride out the natural fluctations playing only one table at a time (particularly if you are juggling many other commitments). And building a genuinely adequate BR for the next level at six-max seems to take forever while single-tabling.

Before I go ahead and purchase another monitor - which I think is necessary for me to multitable with any success - can you multitablers just tell me whether you truly find that enjoyable? Or has it become solely about the money, at this point?