Thread: Finding Leaks
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Finding Leaks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not having a clear idea of what I want my opponent to do when I make my action and/or not knowing how I'll respond to whatever he does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this one too. Let me know if you figure out an easy way to fix it (other than stop 4 tabling).

[/ QUOTE ]

Its easy to fix; you just have to take the time to think through what you have, what you're representing, and what your opponent has (and also what he's representing, I suppose), then do things that make him do what you want him to do.

Often its as simple as that I raise preflop, bet the flop and get called, then see a turn card. If I was just on autopilot with the continuation bet, I don't know what to do if the turn helps me (or scares me or whatever). If I took the time to think about that stuff on the flop, I might play the hand differently (maybe I'll checkraise the flop, or check it and lead a safe turn or even just check/fold).

[/ QUOTE ]

I find I can do this almost without thinking when playing live, I guess I just need to focus more and maybe go to two tabling when I see this leak springing up.