View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Re: So I thought I should fold my boat...

I don't know about a few things on this hand.

1 - the flop bet screams continuation bet to me. The pot is big so the bottomset is likely going to call for 1 sb. I agree that you may be ahead at this point, but in reality you only have 2 overs. I think that a call here would play nicely. If bottomset bets, call.

2 - Turn, this is where the action is, lead out on the turn, or attempt a checkraise if bottomset bet on the flop. This would show that you have a hand. Otherwise it would still look like continuation. Also, if bottomset has the bottom pair or a draw, the odds are reduced for the call (and you have some fold-equity), I don't think that your hand is so strong you want to build a huge pot, so keeping the pot small on the flop and waiting for the turn could pay off.

3- at the point where bottomset raises you on the turn, you have to consider it is going to cost you 2 BB to get to SD. I like the line to 3-bet the turn, if you get capped, check/fold the river, if you get called, then bet/fold the river. If bottom set caps the turn with nothing he deserves the pot, if he bets the river, after you 3-bet chance are he hit, or is a maniac.

Margon