View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Death Penalty article in 2+2 magazine

I'll start with a qiote from the magazine forum which I think, due to the nature of my response, is better suited to this forum.

[ QUOTE ]
It's just a shame to see something so irrelevant included in the issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any opportunity to make a wrong right should be courageously taken.

David,

I simply think you do not go far enough. All death penalties should be eliminated from statutes in every country, not only the barbarian ones. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I am sure every pro-lifer and every believer will be in agreement with this. The pro-lifers because, well, they are pro life, and the believers because I suspect they would not have the arrogance to abrogate god's judgement which will come at the time of his choosing (well, according to their beliefs as I understand them).

And that is where I disagree with you, there should be no exceptions, for certainty is not part of the human realm of experience (simple observation will confirm this), neither does it achieve anything really (it does not reduce crimes in those country that have it against those that don't).

I think you are thinking like a poker player, in terms of odds. Well, I, for one, will never play poker, or russian roulette, should my, or someone else, life be at stake.

By the way, thanks for your article and books, they help . [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The same goes for all 2+2 authors.