Thread: Fold preflop
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 07:42 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Fold preflop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BB smells so much like a higher flush. Can't fold the turn with two outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd quote Toss's third sentence too, but I know I wouldn't really be able to throw away my flush heads-up on the river, closing the action, getting 28:1. I'd tell myself that, despite his screen name, BB might have played top set stupidly. And then I'd call, fully expecting to see the nut flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm I don't know if his play with top set would be that stupid. clearly he checks the flop because he doesn't want to force UTG+1 to raise. then it comes back for 3 to him and he doesn't want to let the cat out of the bag quite yet. then he checks the turn and 3-bets when it's 2 to him. overaggro but nothing terrible, especially with others in the pot he can force out if they're drawing to straights or something.

then also consider that the Qc and Jc are accounted for and he 3-bet from the BB. there's one combination that beats us. at 30-1, you'd need about 1/30th of a combination of a hand (ie does he play JJ like this at least 1.1% of the time he has it? of course) to justify a call