View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 05:13 AM

Default Re: Anybody else having problems trying to get into SNG\'s on party ton

[ QUOTE ]
paid my tuition this year solely from poker profits. I put in a ton of hours, and that is the only reason I am able to "make a living".

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry dude, I'm not buyin it. I've read your posts -- you come in with answers that consistently disagree with almost every good player on these boards. That, of course, is fine. Everyone has to start somewhere -- all I'm saying is that based on what I've read from you, unless you play VERY differently than you advise others to play, you're not making a long-term living off poker. Maybe you're on a heater and so far doing really well. Either way, doesn't matter to me. I was only responding to you talking about this being an easy way to make a living.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if you got a decent education, you wouldn't be struggling so much, gramps.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I'm 26 -- I guess if that makes me "gramps," so be it.
2) I do have a decent education. I have a liberal arts degree from TCU. I'm also a member of MENSA. So I'd say I'm at least as smart and definitely (currently) better educated than you. I play poker for money because it allows me to continue to pursue music, which is my first passion but very expensive to succeed in on the level I'm after.
3) I'm not "struggling" -- what my post was referring to was that when you have a lot of financial obligations, poker doesn't seem like quite such an easy way to make money. Hitting a downswing when your mortgage is due or when your live-in gf's car breaks down can cause a big knot in your stomach, making this job less-than-easy. At least when you're working hard at a regular job, you know when your next paycheck is and how much it's going to be.

But nice try, junior.