View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 05:11 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Hand against baronzeus.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB :#A500AF(baronzeus)/ calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, baronzeus calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks intending to check-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

well he either flopped a straight or a draw. I wonder how he perceives your check. he knows you don't have an overpair (that's what I'd assume if I were him at least). if he has a draw I think he should take a stab at it since you very well could be giving up. one problem with your checkraise though is you really can't fold to a 3-bet. he could easily perceive your play as AK or KQ trying to blow him off something and 3-bet with nothing but a flush draw. I think you best disguise your hand by betting here. he could have you on 2 overs or an overpair. I'd hate to put in 3 bets here and another on the river on that board. if the river is a diamond, I'd check-call. I don't want to let him get take it down without a showdown. not on this board. if he raises the turn and the river is a diamond I think you can check-fold

this all hinges on him knowing who you are though. interesting hand