View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 05:04 AM

Default Re: Good bubble-bully? Donkpush the turn - 50+4

[ QUOTE ]
I would push preflop. This is a somewhat annoying flop because if he has an ace he isn't folding if you check/raise all in. If I check/called flop, I would check the turn. He isn't folding a better hand to the push, and we might as well get some value out of hands that are way behind us if we can.

By the way, I don't think check/folding the flop, if he had made a stronger bet, would be terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, getting value out of worse hands didnt really cross my mind either. For some reason I was thinking he had a weak ace and i was going to push him off it. I think bubble psychology can play into this somewhat, but probably not enough to justify a bet that isn't likely a good bluff when it's a bluff and isn't a good value bet when it's a valuee bet. An Ace almost always calls, my flush outs are usually good, and when he has JJ or so with or without a spade i'd like to get something out of him. I think KK with no spade is about the only hand he can have where this push is right unless he's weak enough to fold an ace. I guess he might fold KK w/ spade too.

Guess I still need some practice with this sort of thing...