View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 03:15 AM

Default Re: Matusow\'s forward chip movement -- call???

[ QUOTE ]
I was baffled when MM moved his chips forward all the way when contemplating a river call against the guy w/ the KKKJJ flopped boat. He simply doesn't let them touch the felt, and pulls them back.

No one says a thing.

Of course he ends up calling anyway, but I would have thought the dealer should have immediately called the floor to alert MM that his forward chip movement was a call. Of course the opponent is in a tough spot: he can't go apeshit when MM pulls the chips back for the first time or he'll tip his hand. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if MM had pulled his chips back and mucked...as the opponent I would definitely have called the floor over to protest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was pretty baffled by this too. I think your analysis of why the guy didn't say anything is spot-on, .. at the same time I think Matusow knows he can get called out here. I think he probably was sure he was going to call and used the manuever as a why-not attempt to gather info. If he sees something he doesnt like he can at least try to muck the hand and get away with it. If he gets called out, he just has to make the call he was most likely planning on making to begin with.