View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Call it down or dump it

I can see not raising preflop, but then you know NOTHING about what the CO has. 3 limpers ahead of me, I'm almost raising any two suited and connected and any two broadway. If you raise from UTG, get two folds, then CO 3-bets you, now you know something.

If you are going to limp from UTG with KQ, I would most likely limp-re-raise with other limpers caught in between. If CO caps, then you know he actually has something he likes. Hand plays differently.

I think I C/R the flop. The preflop agg is behind us and will bet. The button and the BB will fold, and we'll raise with 1/2 the folks trapped. A donkbet is good also though with two to the flush on the board.

I would most likely cap the flop, facing the CO with 2, and bet the turn.

I don't mind the bet on the turn. You still may have the best hand, and you don't allow folks on the flush draw to raise and get the free card.

CO could have almost anything, as he was raising to buy the button and for value pre-flop against 3 limpers. Button Cold-called preflop, but saying the BB would call, was going to be getting 5:1+ on his cold-call and position. Without a read, it's a LOT tougher to put the Button on a hand. He could be pushing his flush draw on the flop.

I would probably call down after the turn 3-bet. C/call 1 on a safe river. Of course, I suck.

Where you folded is probably good against 2 unknowns.

I just think the hand would be playing a LOT easier if you raised it preflop from UTG is all. Raise or fold. If you raise, the other two might not come along, then CO 3-bets you, and Button cold-calls 3!, then you know a lot more about where you're at. The way it is, I can't really put either of them on any kind of range for sure.

Though, after the turn action, I would say Button has a set of 3's or 6's.