View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: On the Edge - IX

[ QUOTE ]
and the two tightest players were to my immediate left, allowing me to raise if it was folded to me to pick up the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I knew his hand was terrible as he'd raised every time he'd posted, and it was folded to him. He'd shown down hands ranging from one-gappers (six-four offsuit), to suited cards (nine-deuce suited), to Broadway-rag (jack-trey offsuit), to pocket pairs (aces)

[/ QUOTE ]

These tight ass blinds sure are calling down a lot in the few hours Tony has been raising his after cigarrete cutoff post when the table folds around to him. If this guy shows down every possible hand range imaginable (including aces) in this certain situation, I still think it's wrong to put him on 7-2 or or something of the sort. The guy raised 6-4. I think your most likely hands for a player of this sort are still something like small suited connector or a big pair. Or maybe more likely he has just seen the futility in raising any of the above said hands since these blinds have turned into calling stations in the last couple of hours. I'd make no read and dump the hand. If your read was right, call flop and raise the auto turn bet.