View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Re: icm helps a lot or not much at all???

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone give examples of how SNGPT helps? I have looked at the tutorial, but how do you guys actually use it, post action analysis?

I would just like a little more info before I drop 80 bucks on a program.

Thanks,

Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found it very much worth the money. I thought the tutorial was very helpful in walking you through situations, how to use it, and how to interpret it.

As to how to use it, just get some hand histories and look for hands or have interesting hands emailed to you as you play. Plug in the chip stacks, blinds, etc, and see if you made a good fold, good push, if you should have pushed, etc. Then you can play around with the stack sizes, hands, calling ranges and everything and just explore things like "what kind of hand do I have to have to push from the button here?". "Ok, what if I was in the cutoff?" "What if my stack was a little smaller? or if there was another really short stack?" After awhile you learn when to make +EV pushes and folds in lots of different situations and also why you don't want someone else with SNGPT sitting to your right [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Also, it's mainly for higher blind or shorthanded situations, it doesn't really help with your early game.