View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: The Experiment on Doyles Room

[ QUOTE ]
Ok.. do the math... Please tell me how long it would take to build even 5k...

Starting at .01 winning a HEALTHY 3 bb/100 and playing 1k hands per week..

Moving up in stakes to next limit once you have 400 bb as a bank roll....

lets see the math, and that assuming HE NEVER has a losing streak.

The people supporting this are absolute fools, I would venture to say that anyone supporting this argument is playing no higher than 3/6....

And if your playing 3/6 or lower...
1. You arent a good player
2. You arent earning much of a living from poker

I would think you could probably collect 10 cans per hour (50C per hour) and maybe stumble accross a nickel or dime on the streat in that time as well...

SO unless you are making 60 bb/100, my argument and logic are correct that you would be better off collecting cans for a bankroll.

BTW, you guys are morons

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP is a kid who wants to learn w/o depositing $$$. Starting with a few pennies and figuring the game out is a good way to go.

If he spends a year working on his game and scratching away eventually he'll have enough to be a bonus whore and start building a reasonably legit BR to be able to play 2/4 o r 3/6 or 5/10. Once he gets there, the tens of thousands of hands he's played at micros (as well as the reading he's surely going to do as well) will serve him well. Yes, he'll still have a LOT to learn, but better to have a baseline from the micros than jump in at 2/4. Especially since he has time to get there. He clearly isn't trying to determine "do I take this job or do I go pro" .. he'd just rather play poker than WOW (as another poster put it). I wish I had.

As for your claim about levels and BR and play and earnings and such:
[ QUOTE ]
And if your playing 3/6 or lower...
1. You arent a good player
2. You arent earning much of a living from poker

[/ QUOTE ]
1 - I'm just good enough to beat the 3/6 game, and I'm learning. I wish I had thousands more hands at the micros that I could be building upon. I wish I had read SSHE 4 more times, but I've only been at this about 18 months.
2 - I don't do this for a living. It provides me with: a)entertainment (for free since I win a little bit) - I love to play. AND b) a little extra $$$ for my family. Its not much, but my wife and I get to eat out a couple extra times. I've bought her a few nice things I couldn't have otherwise, etc.

the OP didn't ask "how do I become a 30/60 baller like that stud addikt?" He asked if it was possible to start with pennies and eventually move up. It is.

have a nice day,
FishNChips