View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: i made a turn raise, derrrr

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I can see it as a free-showdown raise that puts pressure on SB.

However, there is a really good chance you're behind versus MP1. You're almost specifically hoping he has KT (or that he's a king-rag player or a LAG).

In any event, though, it's a difficult situation. I think KJs is my least favorite that I routinely raise with, because I have a hard time figuring out what to do when I have top pair and get played back at.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I think about it the more I think that folding this turn really can't be that bad at all. The turn card is really pretty bad. Raising is the best way to get to showdown, though, in my opinion.

I'd really like a read here. Barring that, I'm starting to agree that we're looking pretty specifically for KT and so a turn fold is probably good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another KJ (which could be freerolling against us) is possible as well, but it's still an uncomfortable situation.

There is some chance too that SB just made his hand and is lining up a checkraise.

What I'd probably really do is meekly start calling down, because I have trouble figuring out when to make showdown raises and I'm not good at laying down top pair to what amounts to a single flop checkraise. But I don't like any of my options on the turn, really, and I do wonder if folding is best.