View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: quick turn question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
same good 15/30 game that jason posted about.

EMP lady is probably a bit too loose both pre and post flop with decent aggression

BB is loose and very passive

preflop: EMP lady limps, jason raises on the button, i 3-bet A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the SB, BB calls, EMP calls, jason caps, we all call (4 for 16SB)

flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
checked to jason who bets, what's my action and plan for the rest of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

so jason bet, i called, BB folded, EMP lady called.

turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
checked around!

river: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
i'm first, what now?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok so jason had AKs..what do you guys think of his turn check?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough call. The pot is so big that no one is folding, so your chance of cleaning up any outs is probably zero. Checking does risk giving a free card to a gutshot. But, most likely he's going to see a showdown for one BB if he checks, if he decides to call on the end if he misses.

And betting the turn opens Jason up to a check-raise, if you had decided to mix it up and wait until the turn to raise with JJ or QQ, or something like that. The other problem there is the prospect of having to call the 2nd bet, with a possibility of drawing dead already.

I guess in the end, I don't hate it on this board, since it's so ragged. Playing live though? Seems like I always find myself throwing out a bet anyway.