View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Levels of thinking both micro and macro (lc)

so you guys are probably asking "what does this have to do with me? I'm playing 25nl and ABC works"

well thats true. it works because you are using the optimal exploitive strategy against the majority of your opponents which capitolizes on their looseness both preflop and postflop.

As table texture changes however, your own play style will have to change.

You make money in poker in one of two ways, either making opponent laydown the best hand or getting paid off with the best hand.

What determines how good you do both of these things in the end comes down to your bluffing/commitment frequency. It is your frequency which lies at the heart of every strategy and it should be varied dependent on opponent.

for each opponent you are playing. ask yourself "how does he play preflop?" "how does he play postflop?" " how do I play preflop to exploit that? " "how do I play postflop to exploit that?" "as I continue my exploitive strategy, will I create shifts in strategy from him or the other players?" "what frequency of bluffs should I run against this guy to be optimal?" " what metagame issues will come up as a result of my strategy?"