View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Houston Rockets are going to the finals, you can put money on it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Holy crap! 7 point favorites??? In November??? What the hell was I thinking??? Tell me Houston is at home, too! Wait ... what's that ... it's also the second of a back-to-back for Sacramento? Wow!

PS how could the Steelers only win by 1 last night? The books had them as 13 point favorites!

Fool.

[/ QUOTE ]

The main difference between me and you is that you're a pompous douche who knows nothing about sports and I make a living betting on it. If the Kings are slightly better than the Rockets as you say, the line should be Rockets -1. I'll wager any amount up to $5k on the Rockets at that line if you're willing to book it. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts are that, based on your highly intelligent posts, the chances are good that (1) I will never see the $5000, (2) the money will be counterfeit, or (3) you would pay me over many years, in rolls of nickels. So, I will respectfully decline your most generous offer, although I am sure my decision not to take a bet from some anonymous teenager whose posts demonstrate that he would have difficulty even counting to 5,000 will be met with the response that I am a "pussy". Such are the trials and tribulations of being a pompous douche.