View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: early stages against total idiots

My point of view is as follows.

1. Per your comments and Harrington's hand selection model... I would agree with and you if stacks were deeper.
2. I am assuming this is a PP tournament you are referring. We all know the blind structures are tough there.
3. I am only suggesting that hand selection, position, and relative chip stacks are extremely important when selecting hands to be involved with.
4. I am certainly not a pro, but I am a winning player. My biggest finish was winning the guarenteed $40k, which was last week. Typically, like you, I find myself busting out when cards don't come; however, I would rather become a better bubble player and use my stack as a weapon when it counts, than raise early on in a tournament with marginal hands when players have very wide calling ranges, and you can count on someone playing back at you.... which is not what you with AJ. In the example you posted, I think I shove that flop after someone raises. Good chance you can double up which you need to do. If you bust, there are plenty of other SNG's, MTT, & Cash games you can quickly join and earn your buy in at.