View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: early stages against total idiots

Thanks to those who took the time to look at this theoretically and not just saying fold pre-flop. Some background, I play lots of tourneys have read all the 2+2 books and have done decent when playing tight aggressive. By doing well I mean I make the money consistently but not final tables or major cashes consistently. After reading the tournament reports of adanthar and the others I was trying to incorporate playing more hands like they do, but have been running into these situations. I was looking for responses from players who play a little more loose and succesfully play with the chip accumulation style. A discussion of theory between the chip accumulation theory and the survivalist theory is cool too, but take the time to come up with something better than, "I don't mean to be a dick but these are marginal, just fold."

I also find it interesting that you tell me to get a clue because....

Harrington says in early position when nobody has entered the pot: AJ suited use a mixture of half raises and half calls. But you say this is a clear fold pre-flop.

"With KJs in middle position I would play in all middle positions with a mixture of 40 percent calls and 60 percent raises"

If that is your response to the question then don't answer because you didn't answer the question. Maybe preface your response with I would be careful playing these hands (which I'm aware of), or this isn't my style of playing. I didn't ask are these good hands to play pre-flop I asked how is best to respond to the check-raises and huge bets that i suspect may be bluffs or hands similar to my own.