View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: How often is this an Ace?

[ QUOTE ]
No one checkraises that board without an Ace or a Six. He's telling you that he wants the pot and is willing to take it now and if you want to draw to two outs you have to pay extra for it.

It's a kind of strange play though, because HU it's +EV to let you stay in and try to collect some more bets from you. So hmmmm, could this be some kind of steal? Maybe with a lower pocket pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Re: Middle Pair. I think that a pair TT-77 is a definite possibility here, as I see that line taken quite a bit here with that hand. I would think any estimate of villain's range would have to include those hands.

Re: This and the post above asking why he would try to push me off JJ. My feeling from playing a lot of these tight crypto games is that the main lines for someone with an A or a 6 would be check-raise flop or check-raise turn. I hardly ever see anyone play wa/wb lines or lines indicating that they want to keep the other player in drawing slim.

FWIW, "unthinking TAG" sort of sums up my default read on players in this game, but I always wonder if I'm getting bluffed off pots here.