View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: How often is this an Ace?

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is tight and hasn't gotten out of line. In general, this table is tight-passive, but Villain hasn't played enough hands yet for me to have an opinion on whether he's passive or aggressive post-flop.

I know he'd do this with hands that are beating me, but whether it's reasonable to call down or not depends on how many hands I'm beating that he would do this with. I'm a bit skeptical about AA-QQ, as I think that an ordinary player would've 3-betted preflop with them. I'm leaving AK/AQ in because a lot of players in this game will just call with those hands here. There aren't very many hands with a 6 in it that he could have, so I'm not that worried about a 6.

With 3.75 BB in the pot and it costing me 2.5 more to call down, I need to win this pot like 27% of the time to break even. Against the rather limited range (AA-77, Axs, AT+), I have almost exactly this. If he'll do this with garbage, I have an easy call.

All opinions welcome.

Crypto 1/2.

Hero is in MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Folded to hero who raises. Folded to BB who calls.

(4.5 sb, 2 players) Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks. Hero bets. BB raises. Hero folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

The real question here is why would villian try to get you to fold JJ if he had an ace. Obviously you aren't folding a hand like AK/AQ so he's trying to get you to fold an underpair. I could see a fold if he's a straightforward unthinking tag, but if he's at all thinking you have to call down here.