Thread: Dealers mouth!
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Dealers mouth!

[ QUOTE ]
When it comes to starting and maintaining a home game, I would wager that VA and I have both done this succesfully. We show the fish respect by NOT softplaying them, we tear them a new one if the situation warrants it. Should they want to discuss the situation away from the table, THAT'S the time to educate. I've actually turned a couple of complete fish into decent to good players like this. No reasonable adult likes to be coddled when it comes to gambling, they want you to play as hard as you can against them. Hell, some people even come to my game just to get a taste of my kung-fu, they have told me this directly. (VA, if you take exception to this, feel free to countermand it in a reply.)

[/ QUOTE ]

No objections here. I actually was going to reply to this earlier but decided to just blow it off.

I would actually contend that I am the one acting honorably here by playing my "best game". What is the honor in allowing someone to think they are playing well only to bleed them dry over time? How is it better to treat a guy who can be expected to play by the same rules as everyone else differently? How is this person going to learn that mistakes have consequences? If he loses a tournament due to playing like a bonehead then he's prepared to not do it again. I am certainly going to let them know that they did something wrong afterwards.

This is not an angle. No rule, intent, or whatever was broken, bent, or sidestepped.

Sheesh.

Preach on, smoore!