View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 12:16 PM

Default $10 to finish this java program for me

All my funds are tied up right now, but I'm good for it. I'll send it in under a week. I'm almost done but I'm so tired that it'll take me hours to do the rest of it.

What I have so far is here. The encryption part is done. I just need the decryption part, which is partly finished. It's tougher than the encryption part. I think you'd have to loop through to find where the characters end. I was starting a loop to find where the spaces are.

This is the assignment:

Create a program that does the following:
1. Displays a short menu, asking the user to choose whether he/she wishes to encrypt data or decrypt data, or if he/she wishes to exit the program.

2. Prompt the user to enter an integer, which will be used as a private key.

3. If the user wishes to encrypt data, prompt the user to enter a phrase or sentence of text. On a character by character basis, convert that text into ASCII code and add the private key to each ASCII code. Print out the code as your convert it.

4. If the user wishes to decrypt data, prompt the user to enter code. On a code by code basis, subtract the private key and translate the resulting ASCII value into a letter, space, period or digit. Print out the text as you convert it.

Your program should redisplay the menu after each translation is finished. It should terminate only when the user selects the exit/quit option from the menu.