View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: TPTK early in the PS $500k

Since I raise the SB with almost any 2, yeah I'm raising TPTK. Most of the players early in the 500k are donks, so I would also consider calling a 3-bet.

I don't like waiting for the turn to raise. If I'm just calling the flop, I'm doing that again on the turn, because I think that line looks especially strong, and I dont see you getting better hands to fold or worse hands to call. You also get a shitload too much $$ in the pot with just 1 pair, which he could easily be ahead of if he calls your turn bet. Especially if it is a queen, which is a very bad card. In general with big pot sized flop leads, I don't give credit to players for a set, even though that is sometimes the line I take with a set.

There's a lot of crummy turn cards, that 1) kill your action from worse hands, and 2) Improve your opponents hand. I like a raise here, and sure, if he folds you dont win a big pot, but I think if you take the safe route, and just call you have to continue to call down on the turn and river, and not raise at any point, unless maybe a 2 turns.