View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 06:21 AM

Default Re: Vintage copy of \"Hold \'Em Poker\"

The very first edition had 3000 copies printed and cost 2.00.The second edition had 5000 copies printed and also cost 2.00. The third edition had a run of at least 10,000 copies and cost 2.95

There is a BIG difference between the first and second edition that is instantly apparent (and I would imagine serve to increase the value of the very few of them in existence). The title HOLDEM POKER was in dark yellow and thus not vey discernible on the yellow background. They fixed that in the second editon where the title is black.

I have seen or heard only one copy of a first editon in someone elses hands (actually The Gambler's Bookstore bought it off him) and it was only in fair condition. Meanwhile I have two first editons in PERFECT MINT condition. Because the book was flimsy (so few now exist and those that do are not in good condition), it has stood the test of time, and the first editon was so distinguishable, I'm sure those two brand new specimens are worth quite a bit. I doubt anyone would meet my asking price.