View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Can you find any errors in my play here???

You have a weak made pair on the flop. You need to bet out to protect your hand. You absolutely (I'm sure someone will disagree) NOT call this hand with three callers in front of you. I believe (someone please correct me if I am wrong) this would be considered an overcall. You are facing a flush draw and a large field of overcards. If you either can not or are unwilling to protect this hand by betting the flop, then you MUST fold when their is a bet and one or more callers. I think your check-raise is good for building the pot, but you do not have the best possible hand and I fail to see how it protects your hand. In this situation, 3 people folded, but usually they will call another bet especially if the board is uncoordinated. They probably thought you were on a flush or straight draw (or even had a made straight) and some of their outs (if they are even thinking of outs) are counterfeit. I bet the turn and look for aggression, but I think what you did was alright. I bet the river. One last thing. On the flop you did not have three outs to two pair, you only had 2--the 8d gives a flush draw if it hits the turn (like it did). So even if you make your hand on the turn, you may still lose on the river--I would not even count it (someone berate me for this).