View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 04:44 AM

Default Strategy on big 2 and chinese poker

If you want to skip reading a long post--the gist of it is I need strategy advice on Chinese Poker and Big 2 Poker.

--------------

I'm trying to branch out for fun and because I think I'm getting decent enough at hold em now that I can keep myself under control--which was a big damned problem for a while! I can do fairly well at all the "normal" poker games-- stud and omaha, hi and hi-lo, and triple draw and padooki. Not great, but I am making a little bit of money and learning fast.

So I heard a bit about Chinese poker and looked that up. Finally I found Superior Poker has that along with some other weird games, Big 2 included. And at the play money tables (not foolish enough to put in the real dough before I try it!) I am getting my ass handed to me on both. Now there's no rake on the play money, and I know it's not horrid luck that I am losing every time I play!

While I think Chinese poker has much much more luck to it, I still lose bit by bit--then bunches when I accidently make an invalid hand when I'm rushing. My strategy so far is just defense when i don't get great cards, and if I can likely win all three, that's great. Basically, my plan is win two at the expense of one if I can, and otherwise try and make hands that can cut my loses on two of the three--maybe beat one other player. But for the life of me, I still am losing at this!!! Help!!! I know there is the one book and software program (which i don't have) -- is that worth it? What is a good strategy for this game???

Now Big 2. I saw some kids playing this at the Tea shop that puts the tapioca balls in the drinks, on Spring Mtn. road. The rules are at

http://www.superiorpoker.com/thegames/big2.html

but if you don't know how to play, then it's probably too much to ask for strategy advice! I seem to never be able to get on the offensive and discard my hands--I keep getting screwed and then have 4 cards left and it sucks. Even if I have one or TWO dueces I jsut can't manage to keep from getting whooped.

I really think if I could get good at these two games that there'd be some definate profit potential online, and also at big tourney side games and events like BARGE, but right now I am getting my ass kicked. Anybody know how to win at these games? Please help!!!